Man shot in West Baltimore home invasion dies

A 45-year-old man in a wheelchair, shot along with his mother during a home invasion Saturday afternoon in West Baltimore, has died, according to city police. Anthony Swann, 45, of the 800 block of Lemmon St., was shot several times about 2:20 p.m. and transported to Maryland Shock Trauma Center. Swann's 62-year-old mother, whom police have not identified because she was a witness, remains at the hospital in stable condition with non-life-threatening injuries. The mother told police that she left the door slightly open as she was bringing in groceries when a man wearing a ski mask entered and opened fire on her son, according to spokesman Donny Moses. The suspect then turned the gun on the woman, who was shot in the face and in her body, Moses said. The suspect fled the house. The woman was able to stumble into the street and scream for help, police said. Detectives have no suspects and no motives.

- Brent Jones

Man dies in what police call an accidental shooting

A man was killed early Sunday morning in what police are calling an accidental shooting in the 400 block of S. Glover St. Police do not have a positive identification of the man, who was driven by a friend to Bayview Medical Center, where he died, city police spokesman Donny Moses said. The victim, who as of last night had not been identified, was with two of his friends when a gun went off and the man was shot in the side, Moses said. Police arrested the friend they believe fired the gun, Moses said. Charges are pending.

- Brent Jones

Death of man who jumped onto I-95 ruled a suicide

A man who jumped from Md. Route 100 onto southbound Interstate-95 Sunday afternoon near the Howard and Anne Arundel counties line was killed when he landed on top of a multi-passenger vehicle, said state police at the Waterloo Barracks. The death has been ruled a suicide and the man's identity was withheld pending notification of his family.

Shortly after 5 p.m., state police found the man's body lying in the roadway. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said the driver of the Mercury Villager van on which the man landed was not injured. Traffic was interrupted for about three hours while police investigated the incident.

- Richard Irwin

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad