Hotels offer 50 percent off, free nights and other perks
What's the deal?: While airfares are starting to rise for summer travel, deals on hotel rooms are still available. Here are a few examples:
* Save 50 percent off your second consecutive night at Hyatt Summerfield Suites with the Summer Family rate, available now through Sept. 7. In addition to the savings, the hotel chain offers a free full breakfast and free high-speed Internet service. Use offer code SUMFAM when booking. Info: 866-974-9288; www.hyatt.com/hyatt/summerfield/specials/family.jsp
* Hyatt Place is offering a similar promotion using the same offer code. Info: 888-492-8847; www.hyatt.com/hyatt/place/specials/family.jsp
* The New York City tourism company has special rates at eight luxury properties. Travelers get their third consecutive night free through Sept. 7. Details: nycgo.com
* Stay three times at a Choice brand hotel through Aug. 13 and get enough points to earn a $50 prepaid cash card. Guests must be members of the Choice Privileges program. Info: 800-424-6423; choicehotels.com
What's the savings?: Depends on which offer you select and where you stay. For example, a guest at the new Hyatt Place Downtown in West Palm Beach, Fla., would save $49.50 on a two-night stay.
What's the catch?: Some discounts may not be taken until checkout. Other discounts require signing up in advance.
- Tom Parsons, McClatchy-Tribune