Four shootings leave two dead, two wounded

Baltimore police were investigating four shootings, two of them fatal. About 3 p.m. Monday, Antwon Witherspoon, 28, of the 2500 block of N. Charles St., was shot to death while standing in an alley off the 2900 block of The Alameda. About 7:15 p.m. Monday, officers were called to the 4000 block of Old York Road at Dumbarton Avenue for a reported shooting. They found John Woodies, 38, of the 700 block of Grantley St., lying on a basketball court with wounds to the chest, police said. The man was taken to Johns Hopkins Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 7:54 p.m. About 2:50 a.m. Tuesday, officers found a woman in her late 20s lying on a sidewalk in the 500 block of S. Regester St. in Fells Point, with a wound to the head. Police said the woman was in critical condition at Hopkins. A 52-year-old man was treated at an area hospital after he was shot in the right foot about 8 p.m. in the 1200 block of W. Saratoga St.

-Liz F. Kay

Baltimore man charged with child pornography

A 29-year-old Baltimore man was charged Tuesday with distributing and possessing child pornography, according to state police. Marcus Curtis Clark of the 1000 block of S. Beechfield Ave. is being held on $50,000 bond and could face up to 70 years in prison. Investigators began monitoring Clark in April 2008 after locating a computer on a peer-to-peer network that was offering pornographic videos for others to download. Police were able to trace the computer to Clark. After obtaining a search warrant, examiners recovered from Clark's home dozens of videos and images of children in various stages of sexual activity, police said.

-Brent Jones

Man pleads guilty in Clarksville bank robbery

A Burtonsville man who led police on a chase through four counties last year pleaded guilty Monday to an armed robbery in which his accomplice was killed and a bank teller was shot in the hand. According to his plea agreement, Sharman Said, 27, and two others entered the Bank of America on Ten Oaks Road in Clarksville on Nov. 20. Said stayed at the front door, acting as lookout. A conspirator ordered a teller out of a hiding place and shot her as she crawled out. The men stole $23,471 and fled in a pickup truck. Officers gave chase at high speeds until the men abandoned the truck and took off on foot. One robber shot at officers, who returned fire, killing him, the Maryland U.S. Attorney's Office said. Said escaped and was arrested in January. He faces a maximum of life in prison.

-Tricia Bishop

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad