New routes, a pared trash-pickup schedule and expanded recycling, all starting this week, mark some of the biggest changes to city sanitation in decades. Among the changes:
* The city is discontinuing Monday pickup.
* Garbage will only be collected once a week. There is a limit of 96 gallons, or about three cans, on the amount of trash you can set out. Trash must be set out in cans with tight-fitting lids.
* Recycling will be collected once a week. There is no limit on the amount of recycling you can set out.
* Garbage and recycling must be placed outside no later than 6 a.m. - rather than 7 a.m. - the day of collection.
* You can call 311 with questions or to inform the city about illegal dumping and missed trash.
Get more online
When is my trash picked up? Get a link to a map that shows days of the week for the new trash and recycling schedule.
Talk about it: Discuss the new trash and recycling policies.
All this, at baltimoresun.com /bmoregreen