Congregations Concerned for the Homeless is asking that the 60 or so volunteers whose registration information was lost in a fire Dec. 30 contact the group and re-register.
The fire only added to the nonprofit's recent woes, president Tom Rekart said.
"Although CCH is insured for losses in the fire, the reimbursement will be inadequate to re-establish our offices as we hope to," he said, especially since donations are down 25 percent compared with the same time last year. The group is sharing space temporarily with the ARC of Howard County, 11735 Homewood Road.
Jackie Eng, a board member, said the group lost all its office equipment, computers, files and records, though no one was injured in the early morning fire at 10720 Little Patuxent Parkway. County firefighters determined that the fire was accidental. Offices housing a Lynn's Day Spa and two acupuncture studios were also destroyed.
Eng said contributions and mail should go to P.O. Box 1504, Columbia 21044. Anyone interested can also e-mail the group at firstname.lastname@example.org.