Upper Chesapeake to offer flu shots
Upper Chesapeake Health will hold flu clinics for the public ages 12 and older.
A separate one-day pediatric flu clinic will be held for children 6 months to 11 years old. FluMist, an intranasal vaccine, is also available in limited quantities.
The cost is $20 per vaccine, free for those with a Medicare Part B card. UCH will accept cash or checks only.
Clinics will be at these times and places:
* Saturday : 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center, Chesapeake Conference Center.
* Nov. 5: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Harford Mall.
* Nov. 6: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Harford Memorial Hospital, Havre de Grace Room.
* Nov. 9: noon to 3 p.m. at Holy Spirit Church.
* Nov. 13: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center.
* Nov. 15: 9 a.m. to noon at Harford Memorial Hospital.
* Nov. 16: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Harford Mall.
* Nov. 18: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Jarrettsville Firehouse, 3825 Federal Hill Road.
* Nov. 20: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Ignatius Church, 533 E. Jarrettsville Road, Forest Hill.
* Nov. 23: 9 a.m. to noon at St. Mary's Church, 1021 St. Mary's Road, Pylesville.
* Pediatric Clinic: Nov. 8 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center.
* Pediatric Follow-up Clinic only: Dec. 6 from 10 a.m. to noon at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center.
Flu hot line: 443-643-2800.
County schedules Nov. flu clinics
The Harford County Health Department will hold flu vaccine clinics in November.
For those with Medicare Part B, the vaccine is free. The cost to all others is $20. Appointments also are available at the Woodbridge Station Health Department site.
Those planning on getting a flu shot should wear short sleeves or a loose-fitting shirt. The shot is given in the upper arm.
Clinics will be held as follows:
* Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (drive-though only) at Ripken Stadium, 873 Long Drive, Aberdeen. Rain date is Nov. 7.
* Nov. 17 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Level Fire Hall, 3633 Level Village Road.
The Health Department advises that adults and children 6 months and older get a flu shot. To help ward off the flu, wash your hands frequently and get a flu vaccine each fall.
Information: 24-hour flu hot line, 410-612-1779.