* MGH, an Owings Mills-based marketing communications agency, received three certificates of excellence from Graphic Design USA for its work on behalf of Texas Instruments; Center for Eating Disorders, Sheppard Pratt; and Lee Read Jewelers.
* Mary Sipes, senior sales manager of the Hyatt Regency Baltimore, was named by the National Academy Foundation as its Hospitality & Tourism Professional of the Year.
On the board
* United Cerebral Palsy of Central Maryland announced the appointment of Melissa Berge to a seat on its board of directors.
* Maryland New Directions Inc. elected Barbara Sonberg president and Jane E. Anderson secretary of the board of directors of the Baltimore-based career counseling and job placement organization.
* Business Volunteers Unlimited Maryland announced that Timothy F. Munoz, senior vice president of Legg Mason, has been elected to a seat on the organization's board of directors.
* M&T; Bank announced the opening of its new branch at 6015 Daybreak Circle in Clarksville.
* Benedetto's, a haberdashery, will have a champagne grand opening from noon to 8 p.m. today at 324 Park Ave.