The Baltimore Sun

Boy assaulted at Upperco roller rink is 'doing fine'

Baltimore County police said yesterday that a boy who was attacked in northern Baltimore County over the weekend was not stabbed in the head, as initially reported. Cpl. Michael Hill said police were called to Sportsman's Hall roller rink after a 14-year-old boy walked there with a deep cut to his head Saturday night. Hill said that the boy and three others had been arguing inside the rink, but left, crossed Hanover Pike and were in another parking lot when they got into a fight. One of the boys struck the victim with something, causing the laceration, Hill said. Tim Kaylor, owner of Sportsman's Hall, said the injured boy walked back to the rink parking lot, where Kaylor called police, helped the boy call his parents and tended to him. The 911 call was at first dispatched as a gunshot or stab wound but later reclassified as trauma probably caused by a blunt object, Hill said. Kaylor said the boy was "doing fine," and that he thought the dispute was over a girl. The three suspects and their parents showed up at the police precinct. Police charged all three boys with second-degree assault and released them to their parents, Hill said. Police did not release the names of the victim or suspects because they are minors. Yesterday morning, in response to calls to his business, Kaylor posted a notice on the rink's web site saying that the attack wasn't a stabbing and that it didn't happen at the rink.

Man charged in Perryville killing

Maryland State Police have charged a man in the killing of a woman Sunday at the Perryville motel where she lived. Late Sunday, Kimberly N. Cain, 22, was found dead outside the Relax Inn room she, her boyfriend and Kathi B. Stewart shared, police said. Stewart's boyfriend, Krsna D. Johnson, 25, of no fixed address is charged with first- and second-degree murder and the use of a handgun in the commission of a felony, police said. According to police, Johnson and Stewart spent much of Sunday arguing before she asked him to leave about 10:30 p.m. Police say he soon returned with a gun, and Cain walked outside the room, apparently intending to call 911. Stewart later told police she heard one gunshot and saw Cain on the ground with Johnson standing over her. Police recovered a gun with an obliterated serial number.

From Baltimore Sun staff reports

Police identify victims in Upton fatal shooting

Baltimore police have identified two young men fatally shot Sunday night in the Upton community. Central District police responding to a report of two men shot in the 1400 block of Pennsylvania Ave. near West Lafayette Avenue at 10:36 p.m. found the victims bleeding from bullet wounds. They later died at Maryland Shock Trauma Center. They were identified as Howard Grant, 18, and Justin Berry, 19, police said. They are believed to have shared an address in the 1800 block of Druid Hill Ave. Police said a Buick sport utility vehicle with at least one window shot out might have been involved.

From Baltimore Sun staff reports

Baltimore woman's death is ruled a homicide

The death of a Northeast Baltimore woman whose body was found in a vehicle in the city of Frederick last month has been ruled a homicide, Frederick police said. The medical examiner's office determined this month that Shneara Boone, 19, died of asphyxiation, said Lt. Clark Pennington, a Frederick police spokesman. Boone's family reported her missing Aug. 31, and five days later, Frederick police found her body in the family's sport utility vehicle. Pennington said police are pursuing leads in the investigation.

From Baltimore Sun staff reports

Men rob Abingdon couple at gunpoint early Sunday

Two men wearing bandannas robbed an Abingdon couple at gunpoint early Sunday in their townhouse in the 3600 block of Longridge Court, the Harford County Sheriff's Office said yesterday. Neither resident was injured. The residents were awakened about 12:30 a.m. by a loud noise, and the male homeowner went downstairs and saw two men, police said. One intruder flashed a silver handgun and ordered the homeowner back to his bedroom, police said. One of the men went upstairs and ransacked the bedroom while the second ransacked the kitchen and living room, police said, taking an undisclosed amount of property. Police say the pair entered the home by forcing open a rear basement door.

David Kohn

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad