* Wow. To hear some people's reaction, you would think Daniel Cabrera drove drunk, shot steroids or spit on an umpire, instead of just developing too slowly.
* Some fair-weather fans the Chicago Cubs have. One measly century of failure and they jump off the bandwagon.
* Isiah Thomas, Wes Unseld, now Elgin Baylor - how old do you have to be to remember how great they were as players, instead of how bad they were as team executives?
* Maybe more attention would be paid to the twists and turns of Matt Jones' cocaine-possession case if he had a catchy nickname like "Pacman."
* If John McCain were coach of the Ravens: "You know who's not going to be the starting quarterback for the rest of the season? That one."