* The Better Business Bureau of Greater Maryland presented Thomas P. Kimmitt Jr., an attorney with Whiteford Taylor & Preston, with the organization's 2008 Leadership Award.
* HSU Development Inc., headquartered in Rockville, received a $21.6 million design-build contract from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for barracks renovation at Fort Meade.
* Baltimore-based Sawmill Marketing Public Relations has added AOEware to its client roster. The agency will handle the national campaign promoting the Philadelphia-based software company's BINDpoint instant messaging product.
* Devaney & Associates announced that the Baltimore public relations agency has signed C-TASC to its client portfolio.
* MedChi, the Maryland State Medical Society, announced that it has elected Dr. Ron Sroka as its president. The Crofton primary care physician is a medical graduate of the University of Maryland.