* K Bank announced that Bruce P. Hojnacki joined the Owings Mills-based bank as branch manager and business development officer at its Bel Air location. He formerly was with Madison Square Federal Savings Bank.
* Encore Construction Inc. appointed Adam White as a project manager. Formerly with Paragon Construction LLC, he supervises the processes and scheduling of all restaurant, retail and office projects for the Annapolis-based regional builder.
* Gilbane Building Co., based in Laurel, named Dennis L. Curl vice president of the firm. He also is a senior project executive for the company.
* Mount St. Mary's University appointed Carolyn Jacobson as director of graduate and adult business programs and professor of information systems at the Emmitsburg institution. She formerly was with Marymount University.
* The College of Notre Dame of Maryland selected Rebecca Wagner Straub as director of the school's Renaissance Institute. She formerly was head of the lower school at Ruxton Country School.
* Riggs, Counselman, Michaels & Downes named Jeffrey Embow to the staff as a sales account executive in the financial sales department of the Towson-based insurance brokerage. Assigned to the Towson office, he will work with clients in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
* WTMD-FM 89.7 at Towson University named Frank J. Diller III as membership director and Amy Jaine Wielunski as manager of online services for the public radio station.
* Urbanite, the monthly city life magazine, made two appointments to its sales staff. Catherine Bowen joins as a senior account executive and Jacqueline Wezwick as an account executive.
* US Lacrosse, the Baltimore-based national sports governing body, appointed Deloris Mabins-Adenekan as associate director of financial development, Phil Recchio as annual fund manager and Nathaniel Badder as manager of lacrosse officials training and education.
* L2M, a Baltimore-based architecture and food-service design firm, named Jack Lyle, commercial and institutional, and Jeanne Schleicher, retail design studios, as designers.