THB, Banditos, Wayward and more confirmed for Cosmic Cocktail!

Help sought in finding Harford arsonists

The Baltimore Sun

State fire marshals are looking for help in several Harford County arsons over the weekend, authorities said.

A townhouse in the 1200 block of Griffith Place in Belcamp was struck twice, authorities said. A picnic table and a wooden shed next to the house were set on fire in four different spots Friday evening, resulting in $5,000 in damages, authorities said.

Two days later, the owner discovered two small burns on the exterior siding of the house, according to the state fire marshal's office. The motive in the incidents is unknown, but the incidents are believed to be related, said Deputy State Fire Marshal Joseph G. Zurolo Jr.

In another arson, $3,000 in damage was reported after playground equipment in the 300 block of Laburnum Road in Edgewood was set on fire Sunday afternoon, authorities said. The playground equipment, located at a former firehouse, was being converted into a recreation center for area youth. The fire marshals did not have any suspects as of yesterday, Zurolo said.

In Bel Air, a sofa that had been removed from a nearby yard was set on fire in the middle of the road at Majors Choice Drive and Orley Place, according to state fire marshals. The fire was reported at about 2 a.m. Friday. Zurolo said the sofa had been in someone's yard and that officials had not identified the owners.

Three 17-year-old males have been charged in a separate case with second-degree malicious burning and theft of a lawn ornament, Zurolo said.

He said that authorities do not believe the sofa burning and the arsons in Belcamp and Edgewood are related. His department is asking anyone with information to call the Bel Air office of the state fire marshal at 410-836-4844.

In a fire that burned a Fallston home Saturday night, an 18-year-old firefighter sustained an injury to his right hand while battling the blaze.

The home in the 2000 block of Durham Road sustained $100,000 in damage and is believed to have started from an electrical malfunction, according to the fire marshal's office.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad