It's going to be a challenging weekend for getting around Baltimore.
According to the city Transportation Department, numerous city streets will be closed or partially closed for projects, parades, parties, festivals and a footrace.
About 5,000 people are expected to march in the Baltimore Pride parade and block party starting at 2:30 p.m. today. The event, which will take place in Mount Vernon, is expected to last about two hours. After the parade, several block parties sponsored by the Gay & Lesbian Community Center of Baltimore will shut down some streets until midnight.
Eager Street from Cathedral to Lovegrove streets will be closed from 11 a.m. to midnight. North Charles Street from Read to Chase streets will be closed from 2:30 p.m. to midnight. North Charles Street from Franklin to Chase streets and Centre Street from Cathedral to St. Paul streets will be closed from 2:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
A parallel festival for gay African-Americans will close Greene Street on downtown's west side. Greene Street will be closed between Saratoga and Lexington streets from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. today for the Black Gay Pride Parade.
About 2,000 runners are expected to participate today in the 10-mile run between Druid Hill Park and Lake Montebello, running along 33rd Street past the site of the Waverly farmers' market.
No streets will be closed, but Wyman Park Drive, Art Museum Drive, North Charles Street and 33rd Street will have lanes closed off for the runners. The race is expected to start at 7:30 a.m. and continue for about three hours. Traffic will periodically be allowed to cross the route through breaks in the race.
A Latino Festival in Patterson Park will close Linwood Avenue between Pratt Street and Eastern Avenue from noon until 10 p.m. today and from noon until 9 p.m. tomorrow.
* Traffic lanes will shift on eastbound Pratt Street between Greene and Paca streets from 7 a.m. to noon today for Baltimore Gas & Electric conduit installation. Greene Street will be reduced to one lane at the Pratt Street intersection. Transportation officials advise motorists to use Baltimore Street as an alternate route.
* East Lexington Street between North Charles and St. Paul streets will be closed from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. today to make room for a crane needed on a construction project.
* Northbound Broadway between Baltimore and Fayette streets will be closed from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. today for crane operations.
* East Biddle Street between North Charles and St. Paul streets will be closed from 3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. tomorrow for an Oldies Party and Buddy Dean Reunion. Up to 750 people are expected to attend the event, which includes dancing in the streets to 1950s and 1960s music. Parking will be restricted on the closed section of Biddle Street from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
* Lancaster Street will be closed from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. today for the Harbor East FreshFarm Market, according to organizers of the event.
Get up-to-the-minute traffic updates at baltimoresun.com/traffic