Cosmic Cocktail in 2 weeks: Get your ticket today before they sell out.


The Baltimore Sun

Man held, 2nd hunted in robbery-kidnap

A 21-year-old Aberdeen man has been arrested and a second suspect is being sought in connection with an armed robbery, kidnapping and carjacking early Monday in Edgewood, Harford County sheriff's deputies said yesterday.

Javan P. Moore of Scholfield Road was arrested late Monday and has been charged with armed robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, assault and felony theft, authorities said.

Police said the incident began shortly after 1 a.m. Monday when Frederick Coleman, 25, of Aberdeen was confronted on Fountain Rock Way in Edgewood. Two men, one armed, ordered Coleman to lie face down and robbed him of an undisclosed amount of money, police said. They removed his belt, tied his hands behind his back and forced him to lie on the back seat of his rental car, a silver Pontiac, police said.

One man drove Coleman's vehicle to Baltimore, while the other restrained the victim, police said. Coleman was able to free himself, and during a fight that ensued, he gained control of the handgun, police said. The driver left the vehicle and fled on foot. The vehicle jumped the median strip and struck a light pole. The other man fled.

Mary Gail Hare

Mother turns in her son in shooting

A 15-year-old Eastport boy turned in by his mother has admitted shooting a 20-year-old Annapolis man Monday, Annapolis police said.

The victim, Jawan Keith Tasker of Graff Court, was found in the 100 block of President St. about 3 p.m. with multiple gunshot wounds. He was taken to Maryland Shock Trauma Center, where a spokesman said yesterday that he was in critical condition.

About 10 p.m. Monday, a resident of the Eastport Terrace public housing community brought her son to the police station, where he confessed to the shooting, authorities said.

The youth, whose name was not released because he is a juvenile, was charged with first-degree assault and is being held in the Cheltenham juvenile facility.

The youth told police that the victim had robbed him at gunpoint a few weeks ago, and that he saw the victim approaching him that afternoon with his hand in his waistband.

Fearing the victim was about to pull a gun on him, the youth told police, he drew a gun that he had in his waistband and fired. He said he had found the gun in the neighborhood.

Man gets two years in firebombing

A Havre de Grace man pleaded guilty yesterday in the firebombing of the Havre de Grace branch library last August, authorities said.

Daniel Woodrow Ramsey, 29, pleaded guilty in Harford County Circuit Court to conspiracy to commit second-degree arson, said Deputy State Fire Marshal Joseph G. Zurolo Jr.

Circuit Court Judge Angela Eaves sentenced Ramsey to 10 years in prison, with eight years suspended, and ordered him to make $18,000 in restitution for damage to the library.

Zurolo said Ramsey will report at the end of May to a diagnostic center for medical tests, then be taken to a correctional facility. Upon his release, he will be placed on five years of supervised probation.

A 17-year-old Level youth was sentenced to 100 hours of community service and ordered to make $18,000 in restitution, Zurolo said.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad