Banking and finance
* Bay National Bank announced the appointments of Charles J. Fleury IV; Curt H.G. Heinfelden, cash management; Gilbert F. Kennedy III, commercial banking; and Daniel T. Murtaugh, residential mortgage lending, as senior vice presidents of the Lutherville-based bank.
* Signal Hill appointed Daniel O'Neil director of the investment banking team and named Michael Schemel managing director, institutional sales, and Todd Greenwald as senior research analyst in the capital markets team of the Baltimore-headquartered specialty investment banking firm.
*The College of Notre Dame of Maryland has chosen Mabel Valdivia as its director of foundation, corporate and government relations. She formerly was with Adventist Development and Relief Agency International.
* Cylex appointed Brad L. Stewart as president of the Columbia-based life sciences company. He will have direct responsibility for the firm's global commercial operations, corporate strategy and business development.
* Greater Baltimore Medical Center named Linda Rittelmann executive director and chief operating officer of Greater Baltimore Medical Associates. She will manage the group's staffing, billing performance improvement and budgeting.
* MEDEX Global Group appointed Mike Roban as vice president of sales for the Baltimore-based travelers' medical assistance company.
Legal and insurance
* McGuireWoods LLP said William F. Herrfeldt Jr. joined the international law firm's Baltimore office as an associate in the energy and utilities department. He formerly was with the firm of Thomas & Libowitz PA.
* Hord Coplan Macht Inc. appointed Chris Harvey as a principal of the Baltimore-based architecture and landscape planning firm. He is responsible for the mixed-use studio and management of office and mixed-use buildings, high-rise residential and campus housing projects.
* Integral Systems Inc., based in Lanham, named Richard Wathen as vice president of mergers and acquisitions for the satellite ground systems provider. He was formerly with GlobalLogic Inc. as chief financial officer.
* The Hogan Cos. said Jeff Kurtzman joined the finance and investment division of the Annapolis-based commercial brokerage and land acquisition organization. He will assist development clients in formulating and implementing fiscal strategies.
* MacKenzie Real Estate Services LLC named Tony Gross, Terri Harrington and Steve Johnston as brokers in the Baltimore office of the commercial real estate services firm based in Lutherville.