Maine native Dr. Robert L. Caret has spent most of his life in the world of academia. After receiving a Ph.D. in organic chemistry from the University of New Hampshire in 1974, he began teaching at Towson. At the conclusion of a 21-year stint - including positions as faculty member, dean, executive vice president and provost - at the school, Caret left to assume the presidency of San Jose State University in 1995. In 2003, he returned to the area to become president of Towson University.
Caret and his wife, who have one married child and three in college, live in Baltimore City.
1. Play the top 10 golf courses in the U.S. "I've always wanted to play all of them. I like golf a lot."
2. A week in a remote location at a classy hotel "I would really like to have more time for reflection and reading."
3. More exercise "I'd like to do more exercise, particularly jogging and golfing."
4. A movie, followed by a great dinner and a bottle of wine with my wife "My wife and I are always so busy that it seems like it's always hard to find time to do the simple things. The way my life has been, I get to see a movie about three years after it comes out."
5. A really classy sports car, like a Ferrari "I've always loved cars. I would just love to have one that I could have a lot of fun in."