Louise M. Harris, a former real estate agent and a homemaker, died of cancer Aug. 28 at Fairhaven Retirement Community in Sykesville. She was 90.
The former Louise Fairfax was born in Richmond, Va., and spent her early years on her family's James River farm.
She moved with her family to Cannes, France, in 1922 and, eight years later, to St. Andrews, Scotland, where she studied at St. Leonards School for Girls, now St. Leonards School and Sixth Form College, where she earned an Oxford certificate.
Mrs. Harris moved to Bolton Hill in 1935 and two years later married W. Hall Harris III, who later retired as supervisor of labor relations at the Western Electric Co. He died in 1994.
During the late 1950s and early 1960s, Mrs. Harris was a real estate agent for William E. deBuys & Co.
The former longtime Roland Park resident was a member of the Colonial Dames of America Chapter 1 and had been the organization's president for four years. She also was a member of the Mount Vernon Club.
At Fairhaven, where she had lived since 1997, Mrs. Harris was a member of the residents board and volunteered in the health center. She also enjoyed gardening, croquet and ballroom and square dancing. She was an active member of the French Club.
Mrs. Harris was a member of First and Franklin Street Presbyterian Church.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. tomorrow in the chapel at Fairhaven, 7200 Third Ave.
Surviving are a son, James M. Harris of Nottingham; a daughter, Sarah "Sallie" F. Harris of Montgomery Village; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. Another son, John F. Harris, died in 1945.