Harford fire victim named

The Baltimore Sun

Fire investigators have identified the 46-year-old woman who died in a Harford County house fire Sunday and determined that a faulty air conditioner caused the blaze.

Deana Lynn Farley died of smoke inhalation at her home on Main Street in Whiteford, investigators said. The fire started in the living room, where the window-mounted air conditioner ignited. Smoke and flames spread quickly throughout the wood-frame dwelling. Investigators said Farley, the sole occupant of the home, was trapped on the second floor.

More than 75 volunteer firefighters from companies in Harford and southern Pennsylvania responded to the 9 p.m. blaze, which did an estimated $100,000 damage to the home. No firefighters were injured.

Copyright © 2020, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
61°