Early bird tickets for Baltimore’s BEST party on sale now!

Shooting victim is city's 186th homicide of '07

The Baltimore Sun

Two shootings yesterday brought the city's homicide total for the year to 186.

An unidentified man in his 30s was shot to death late yesterday in the 2400 block of Westwood Ave. near Moreland Avenue, police said..

Western District officers responding to shots fired about 11 p.m. found the victim lying in the street and bleeding from at least one bullet wound to the head. Police said the man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Early yesterday, a man was fatally shot in South Baltimore's Pigtown neighborhood and died an hour later at Maryland Shock Trauma Center, city police said.

Officers responding to a call about gunshots in the 1200 block of Cleveland St. found the man a block away, in the 1200 block of Nanticoke St., suffering from gunshot wounds, police said.

The man, whose identity was withheld pending notification of family members, was taken by ambulance to Shock Trauma, where he died about 2:20 a.m., police said.

Additional details were not available.

Also, a man who was shot late Monday night near the home of Mayor Sheila Dixon died Tuesday evening at Sinai Hospital, police said.

Jordan Brown, 21, of the 4600 block of Rokeby Road in Baltimore County, was a passenger in a car driven by a male friend when Brown was shot in the back of the neck by a person standing at Rokeby Road and Swann Avenue in Southwest Baltimore.

Police said the driver called 911 and continued to drive in an unfamiliar area until he noticed a city police car assigned to the mayor's executive protection detail parked off Edmondson Avenue near Winans Way, near the mayor's home.

Brown, whose brain stem was severed by the bullet, remained in critical condition at Sinai before dying about 6:15 p.m. Tuesday, said Agent Donny Moses, a city police spokesman.

In another killing, police yesterday released the name of the man who died Saturday at Shock Trauma after being shot four months ago on a West Baltimore street.

Police said Kenneth Mitchell, 44, of the 2900 block of Mosher St., was shot several times March 20 and had remained in critical condition before dying about 3 p.m., Moses said.

No arrests had been made in the shootings.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad