A father and daughter vacationing in Ocean City died yesterday - and the mother and another daughter were hospitalized - from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their hotel room, resort police said.
Police, fire officials and paramedics responded to a 2 p.m. call from the mother at the Days Inn Oceanfront Hotel and found a man and his daughter dead in the room, said Ocean City police Sgt. Douglas Collier.
The woman and another daughter were taken to Atlantic General Hospital in Berlin, he said.
Collier said the family is from Lebanon, Pa., but their names and ages were not released yesterday. The conditions of the survivors were also unavailable.
"We were able to talk to the mom, so we know she's conscious," Collier said.
The Ocean City fire marshal is investigating the cause of the apparent carbon monoxide leak and said the hotel's management was cooperating, he said.
According to Collier, the hotel's other guests were evacuated and moved to other lodging in the area.
A woman who answered the phone at the hotel last night said, "We have no idea what happened," when asked about the incident and referred questions to a manager who she said was unavailable.