What are you drinking?
You've told us what you like to eat, at home and in restaurants. For our fourth annual Taste reader survey, we want to know about your beverage habits.
As you consume your favorite meal, what's in your glass? Is your morning incomplete without a soy vanilla latte with extra foam? Do you drink eight glasses of water a day? Are you looking for a boost from the new energy drinks? How do you choose your wine?
Please take a few minutes to mark your answers, clip them out and send them back to us. You can mail them to Taste Survey, care of Kate Shatzkin, The Sun, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore, MD 21278. Or you may fill out the survey online at baltimoresun.com / tastesurvey.
The deadline for responding is March 14. Look for the results in a coming issue of Taste.
1. What kind of coffee do you drink?
a. Strictly caffeinated
b. More caffeinated than decaf
c. More decaf than caffeinated
d. Strictly decaf
e. I don't drink coffee.
2. If you drink coffee, you're more likely to have it ...
a. From a regular pot or coffee maker.
b. In a mixed espresso, cappuccino or latte drink.
c. I don't drink coffee.
3. If you start with black coffee, what are you likely to add? (Mark all that apply.)
a. Cream, milk or artificial creamer
c. Artificial sweetener
d. Nothing. I take it straight and black.
e. I already told you, I don't drink coffee.
4. Which of the following are you likely to drink on a daily basis? (Mark all that apply.)
b. Fruit juice
c. Sweetened soda
d. Diet soda
e. Energy drink
f. Hot tea
g. Iced tea
5. You're most likely to celebrate a happy occasion with:
c. Hard liquor or cocktails
d. Sparkling water
e. Sparkling cider
6. During your last dinner at home, what beverages did you drink? (Mark all that apply.)
7. How much do you normally pay for a bottle of wine to accompany a dinner at home?
a. No more than $10
c. $21 or more
d. I don't drink wine with dinner.
8. What's the most you're willing to spend for a bottle of wine in a restaurant?
c. $60 or more
d. I don't drink wine.
9. You're having a drink with friends. Which of these are you most likely to order?
a. Classic martini
b. Flavored martini
c. Gin and tonic
d. A Manhattan
e. A Mojito
f. Bloody Mary
i. Plain scotch, bourbon or other whiskey
l. None of the above
10. How do you like your water?
a. Straight from the tap
b. Bottled but plain
c. Bottled -- fruit-flavored or sparkling
d. I don't drink water.
11. How many glasses of water do you drink a day?
b. 1 to 3
c. 4 to 7
d. 8 or more
12. At breakfast, I typically drink (mark all that apply):
g. Energy drink or meal-replacement drink
h. None of the above
1. How old are you?
a. Under 18
b. 18 to 34
c. 35 to 49
d. 50 to 64
e. 65 and older
2. What is your gender?
3. Do you have children under 18 living with you?
4. What is your marital status?
a. Married or living with partner
b. Single, never married
c. Divorced or separated
5. What is your ZIP code?
6. If you are willing to talk with a reporter about what you drink, please include your name, phone number and e-mail address.