On August 20, 1941, the first issue of The Flaming Bomb, the post newspaper of the Aberdeen Proving Ground, was published and distributed to the troops. The weekly paper was one of a string of publications - including Rapid Fire, The Groundhog and Upper Bay Citizen - that were predecessors to today's APG News.
The first editor of The Flaming Bomb was Sgt. Don A. Brennon. The paper was published to reflect the life of the ordnance soldier, according to Maj. Gen. L.H. Campbell Jr., then chief of Ordnance at the proving ground.
- Harford County Directory , APG News Online