A 6-year-old boy was seriously injured last night when his family's Cherry Hill rowhouse caught fire, according to Baltimore police and fire officials.
The boy, who had second- and third-degree burns over 25 percent of his body, was taken to Maryland Shock Trauma Center and later transferred to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition, police said. His name was not available.
The boy lives with his mother and two sisters in a rowhouse in the 600 block of Bridgeview Road, a neighbor said. The mother and one of the sisters escaped the fire unharmed. The other sister was staying with her grandmother. The mother tried to rescue the boy, the neighbor said, but he was afraid and ran upstairs.