Arundel Digest


Four people injured in two-vehicle crash near Annapolis

Two women and a man were flown to Maryland Shock Trauma Center yesterday morning after being injured in a two-vehicle crash at Epping Forest and Woodlore roads in the Annapolis area, fire officials said.

The unidentified victims - a man, 78, and two women, ages 68 and 30 - were treated for head, neck and internal injuries, said Division Chief John M. Scholz, a county Fire Department spokesman.

A fourth victim, also unidentified late yesterday, was taken by ambulance to Anne Arundel Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening, Scholz said.An Annapolis man was arrested yesterday and charged with stealing golf clubs from a Gambrills driving range on two occasions in October, Anne Arundel police said.

Annapolis man accused in thefts of golf clubs

Paul Timothy Pitcher, 21, of the 1900 block of Hunt Meadow Drive was charged with two counts of felony theft after detectives, acting on a warrant, searched his home, said Sgt. Shawn Urbas, a police spokesman.

Pitcher is accused of breaking in to the Night Hawk Golf Center on Oct. 17 and 18 and stealing clubs worth $1,300, Urbas said.

Urbas said detectives are trying to determine whether Pitcher might be responsible for similar thefts from other area golf establishments.

Annapolis police seeking shooter in Dec. 13 incident

Annapolis police said yesterday that they are searching for the person who shot a man in the arm last week.

Kenneth Eugene Gray of Annapolis told police he was walking near Clay and Pleasant streets about 10:30 p.m. Dec. 13 when he was shot in the right arm, said Officer Carl Bouie, a police spokesman.

Gray, who reported the shooting Thursday after seeking treatment for his wound, said he heard a group of men arguing nearby just before he was struck by the bullet.

Bouie said police had received a call concerning gunfire on Clay Street about the time that Gray said he was shot, but officers did not find any victims or shooters at the scene.

No suspects have been identified, Bouie said.

Gray, who did not tell police why he waited so long to report the incident, was treated at Anne Arundel Medical Center and released, Bouie said.

Copyright © 2020, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad