Rankings are a compilation of opinions of eight NFL writers from Tribune Publishing papers across the country (last week's ranking in parentheses):
3. Eagles (3) Shouldn't we fast-forward to Patriots-Eagles Super Bowl?
6. Jets (8) They are in the AFC wild-card driver's seat.
7. Falcons (6) Knew there was something fishy about Falcons at 9-2.
8. Packers (7) Brett Favre's streak of 36 games with TD pass ends in Philly.
9. Ravens (9) Can't blame this one on Kyle Boller.
10. Vikings (10) As long as Vikings are under the dome, they're OK.
11. Broncos (11) Jake Plummer comes up microscopically small when needed.
12. Jaguars (12) Byron Leftwich brings Jags downfield late, but not late enough.
13. Bills (13) Bills are one of the hottest teams in football.
15. Rams (17) Backup Chris Chandler saves the day against 49ers.
16. Panthers (19) After four straight wins, they're in the wild-card hunt.
17. Seahawks (15) Tell the Seattle defense that tackling is legal.
18. Buccaneers (21) Defense takes a page out of Super Bowl 2002.
20. Texans (16) Playoff hopes go up in smoke against Jets.
21. Bears (28) Chad Hutchinson vowed to show Bills Parcells he was wrong.
22. Chiefs (23) Chiefs show they have heart by beating Raiders on road.
24. Titans (20) Tennessee loss says so long to any playoff hopes.
26. Redskins (30) So this is what a Joe Gibbs offense looks like.
27. Raiders (22) Kerry Collins gets no help from running game or defense.
28. Saints (24) Jim Haslett gets to keep his job ... for a few more hours.
29. Cardinals (27) John Navarre isn't the answer at quarterback, either.
30. Browns (29) Terry Robiskie's interim gig no better than with Redskins.
31. Dolphins (31) A.J. Feeley throws four more interceptions. Against Bills.
32. 49ers (32) At least GM Terry Donahue is starting to get some of the blame.
Comments by Bob Glauber, Newsday