3 arrested in teen's death at party

One of four men charged with murder in the weekend beating death of a Pasadena high school football player was ordered held without bail yesterday, two others were arrested on the Eastern Shore and police were still seeking the fourth.

The victim - 17-year-old Noah Jamahl Jones - was a linebacker on the Northeast High School team who was attending summer school to make up credits he needed to join the senior class in September, said his aunt, with whom he lived.


"Jamahl was a fun-loving person," said Phyllis Jones of the 800 block of 205th St. in Pasadena. "To meet him was to love him."

Police said Jones was fatally injured and two other young men hurt in what they described as an "altercation" outside a party a block from Jones' home in northeastern Anne Arundel County late Saturday.


David Michael George, 19, of the 7800 block of Tall Pines Court in Glen Burnie surrendered to police Sunday and was denied bail yesterday. A witness accused him of "kicking, punching and hitting Noah Jones with beer bottles and his fists" shortly before 11 p.m. Saturday, according to charging documents.

Yesterday afternoon, investigators arrested Jacob Tyler Fortney, 18, of the 700 block of 218th St. in Pasadena and Richard Elbert McLeod, also 18, of Chestertown. They were apprehended in Snow Hill.

Also named in a warrant is Joshua David Bradley, 20, of the 8000 block of Escalon Ave. in Pasadena, who George's defense lawyer said was in the process of hiring an attorney and planned to turn himself in.

Police described the fight as between two groups of people who knew each other, but said they did not know what started it.

Several of Jones' friends said that he was part of a small group that was lured to the house by people looking to fight. When they arrived, they were attacked by assailants armed with hammers, bats and glass bottles, the friends said.

George's defense lawyer, Peter S. O'Neill, said at yesterday's bail review that the group arrived uninvited - and armed.

O'Neill said a witness told him that four young men armed with a handgun, a Taser and a hammer showed up uninvited at the doorstep of a party of about 10 people. A confrontation led to the fight outside, he said.

"My client at no time struck the victim," O'Neill told District Judge Vincent A. Mulieri, as he unsuccessfully sought bail for George.


Sun staff writers Liz F. Kay and Mary C. Schneidau contributed to this article.