Some farmland declared eligible for emergency program


Some Carroll County farmland that is enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) or the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) is eligible for emergency haying and grazing.

Severe weather conditions have depleted hay supplies and affected the growth of hay and pasture. Because drought damage is widespread in Carroll County, the Farm Service Agency has made some CRP/CREP ground eligible for hay or grazing under certain conditions.

Donation of hay, haying or grazing privileges to livestock producers in dire need because of the drought is encouraged. This emergency authorization is effective immediately through Nov. 30.

Participants in the programs who wish to take advantage of these emergency provisions can do so under certain conditions. Producers should contact the agency as soon as possible for details.

Information: Farm Service Agency, 1004 Littlestown Pike, Suite C, Westminster, 410-848- 2780.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad