The Howard County Health Department regularly inspects food establishments. Violation of any of eight "critical items" -- those most likely to contribute to food-borne illness -- requires immediate correction or closure. Five facilities inspected from March 21 to April 3 cited. The numbers correspond to descriptions below:
Coho Grill, 11130 Willow Bottom Drive, Columbia (4).
Hunan Express Inc., 6030 Marshalee Drive, Suite 120, Columbia (4, 5).
Ricciuti's Brick Oven Pizza, 6420 Freetown Road, Columbia (3).
St. Agnes Care Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3000 Ridge Road, Ellicott City (4).
Safeway, Normandy Shopping Center, Ellicott City (2).
1. Food obtained from approved sources.
2. Food protected from contamination, spoilage, adulteration.
3. Food workers: Proper hand-washing; restricted if have infection or diarrhea.
4. Potentially hazardous foods properly cooled and refrigerated; adequate refrigeration equipment provided.
5. Potentially hazardous foods held to proper hot and cold temperatures; adequate equipment provided.
6. Potentially hazardous foods cooked and reheated properly; adequate equipment provided.
7. Potable hot and cold running water provided.
8. Sewage properly discharged.