* Oct. 23-24, Living history encampments of the 35th Ohio Infantry at the Pennsylvania Monument and of the 21st Virginia and 4th North Carolina Regiments at Pitzer Woods at Gettysburg National Military Park; demonstrations at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; information, National Park Service at 717-334-1124.
* Nov. 5-7, Re-enactment at Guyandotte, W.Va., featuring scenes from an 1861 Confederate raid on a federal recruiting camp in western Virginia, which led to the burning of the town. For information, call Rebecca Mitchell, 304-697-1900.
* Nov. 13, Third annual Dedication Day parade through the battlefield and villages of Bolivar and Harpers Ferry, W.Va.; sponsored by the Federal Army of the Shenandoah and the Confederate Valley Division; for information, Mark Essig, 800-876-4447.
* Nov. 20-21, Capitol of the Confederacy Civil War show at the the Richmond, Va., fairgrounds; Displays and talks presented by the Museum of the Confederacy; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. For more information, call the Central Virginia Relic Hunters Association at 804-737-5827.
* Nov. 20, Remembrance Day with a parade to Gettysburg National Military Park for wreath-laying ceremonies; sponsored by the Sons of Union Veterans.
* June 9-11, 2000, Grand Review 2000, marking the 135th anniversary of the end of the Civil War. Harrisburg, Pa.; sponsored by the Great American Civil War Society and the Camp Curtin Historical Society in cooperation with the city of Harrisburg; information, 717-528-8761.