A 71-year-old man who apparently set his shirt on fire was found dead last night, slumped over the bathtub of his White Marsh home -- with the water running.
The victim, identified as Joseph Kosyjana, was found dead by firefighters responding to a call from a neighbor about 9 p.m. in the 5600 block of Allender Road.
Police said it appeared that Kosyjana had been standing near his gas stove, warming his hands, when his shirt caught fire. He apparently panicked, rushing to the bathroom to try to put the fire out, but passed out after turning on the water.
He suffered extensive burns across his body, police said.
Pub Date: 2/14/99