Early bird tickets for Baltimore’s BEST party on sale now!

Employee injured in McDonald's fire

THE BALTIMORE SUN

An employee suffered smoke inhalation last night when a fire extensively damaged a storeroom at the McDonald's restaurant at Yorktowne Plaza in Cockeysville, Baltimore County police and fire officials said.

The one-alarm fire, which forced other employees and several customers from the restaurant in the 500 block of Cranbrook Road, began in a storeroom and was reported at 6: 57 p.m., a fire official said. The fire, which filled the restaurant with smoke, was under control shortly after 8 p.m., the official said.

About 30 firefighters from stations at Cockeysville, Lutherville and Towson responded.

An unidentified male employee, 18, was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, the official said. The fire was being investigated.

Pub Date: 2/08/99

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
50°