Don’t miss Trey Mancini and Joey Rickard guest bartend at the first Brews & O’s event June 10th. Get your tickets today!



It's midnight and I need a tax form and need it fast. Where can I get it?

Visit the Internal Revenue Service Web site -- www.irs. gov -- to download a forgotten or odd-ball federal tax form. You can also have one faxed to you by calling the IRS's fax-on-demand service at 703-368-9694.

For Maryland state tax forms, visit, or have forms faxed to you by calling 410-974-3299.

On the Web, tax forms are stored in Adobe portable document format (PDF) so you'll first need to download and install a free Adobe Acrobat Reader, available at

I have a question about my tax forms. Whom should I contact?

For federal tax questions, call the IRS help line at 1-800-829-1040. If Maryland taxes have you stumped, call the state's help line at 410-260-7980 or 800-MD TAXES. You can e-mail your tax questions to

Where on the Web can I research my tax questions?

First, try Intuit's Turbo Tax Web site at, which explains, in clear English, recent changes to the tax law and other tax-related information. The Kiplinger Tax Cut Web site, www., is also a good bet.

If you need more specific information, try one of these two megasites: Tax Resources on the Web at /agkalman/ and Tax Sites at

Pub Date: 01/18/99

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad