Four people were taken to area hospitals after a small acid spill at a Savage pharmacy yesterday afternoon, authorities said.
The spill at Neighborcare Pharmacies at 9036 Junction Drive involved 4 to 8 ounces of a concentrated acid that, when diluted, is used as to clean wounds, said Howard County police spokesman Sgt. Morris Carroll.
Three people were taken to Howard County General Hospital, and a fourth was taken to Laurel Regional Hospital, all for precautionary reasons, Carroll said.
Authorities said they think all four are employees at the pharmacy.
Firefighters asked a hazardous-materials team from Fort Meade to examine the scene, though Carroll said a pharmacist apparently neutralized the spill before fire officials arrived.
Pub Date: 12/30/98