* Item: Sutton Place Gourmet Orange-Herb Seafood Marinade and Pre-Marinated Salmon
* What you get: About 6 ounces of marinade, 1/2 pound salmon
* Cost: $1.68 for marinade alone, $4.80 for pre-marinated salmon
* Preparation time: 20 to 45 minutes for marinated fish, 50 to 90 minutes if marinating at home
* Review: Confused by the myriad of marinades on grocery shelves? Take the easy way out and buy the seafood department's specialty. Many stores, including Sutton Place Gourmet at Woodholme, will happily sell you the house marinade. You can also buy seafood pre-marinated. We tried a pre-marinated salmon steak and then used the same marinade, purchased alone, on some scallops. The results were palate-pleasing in both cases. The fresh orange-herb mixture had just the right amount of zest and infused the scallops, especially, with a sweet, smoky flavor.
Pub Date: 6/24/98