If there are no bookstores in your area, a good way to get new books for your child is to sign up for a children's book club. All offer great opening deals, then send one or two books a month (at the list price) to your mailbox.
* Children's Book of the Month Club, Camp Hill, PA 17011
* Double Day Children's Book Club, Box 6342, Indianapolis, Ind46209
* Grolier Books Club, Box 1772, Danbury, Conn. 06816
* Parents Magazine Read Aloud Book Club, P.O. Box 10264, DeMoines, IA 50336
* Weekly Reader Book Club, P.O. Box 16613, Columbus, Ohi43216
6* From "Raising a Reader," by Paul Kropp
Pub Date: 5/06/98