2. Green Bay: Packers can still win when they're desperate.
3. San Francisco: 49ers' schedule is a cakewalk.
4. New England: Patriots can't beat the Broncos.
6. Pittsburgh: Steelers have mastered the fake reverse.
7. Dallas: Emmitt Smith's an old Emmitt, not the Emmitt of old.
8. Minnesota: Brad Johnson is the surprise player of the season.
9. Jacksonville: Jaguars weren't fooled by a fake punt last week.
10. Kansas City: Andre Rison is NFL's 17th all-time leading receiver.
11. Philadelphia: Can the Eagles win two in a row?
12. Washington: Norv Turner always loses before the Dallas game.
13. Miami: Jimmy Johnson meets Bill Parcells in the Ego Bowl.
14. N.Y. Jets: See above.
15. Buffalo: Will Bruce Smith last the season?
16. Ravens: It's time to develop a running game.
17. Carolina: Kerry Collins is not happy being the backup QB.
18. Arizona: Can the Cardinals lose by a point again?
19. Oakland: New motto: Commitment to Mediocrity.
20. Detroit: Barry Sanders was stuffed in the end zone last week.
21. San Diego: Chargers are on a two-game winning streak.
22. N.Y. Giants: Will Danny Kanell turn Dave Brown into Wally Pipp?
23. St. Louis: The city's lawyers are better than the Rams' players.
24. Seattle: Warren Moon doesn't show his age.
25. Cincinnati: They're the same old Bengals.
26. Tennessee: Plenty of good tickets are available.
27. New Orleans: "Iron Mike" enjoyed his homecoming last week.
28. Indianapolis: Can the Colts stop the Steelers' fake reverse?
30. Chicago: New front-runner in the Manning derby.
Pub Date: 10/10/97