Advertisement
News

Faulty wires cause $80,000 fire

Faulty electrical wiring in a second-floor ceiling was the cause of a blaze Sunday that forced a Westminster couple from their home, fire marshals said yesterday.

Thomas and Brita Johnson of the 2600 block of Bird View Road escaped without injury.

Advertisement

Thirty-five firefighters from Gamber, Westminster and Reese controlled the 10: 32 a.m. blaze within 30 minutes. A smoke detector in the home was not in working order, fire marshals said.

Damage was estimated at $80,000.

Advertisement

Fire

Westminster: Firefighters from Pleasant Valley, Reese and Manchester assisted Westminster units at 8: 25 p.m. Sunday, responding to a building fire in the 400 block of Western Maryland College Drive. Units were out one hour.

Westminster: Firefighters responded at 1: 14 p.m. Saturday to an auto fire on Route 140 at Malcolm Drive. Units were out 26 minutes.

Police

Westminster: A resident of West Middle Grove Court told police Friday that personal property was stolen from her home. The loss was estimated at $530.

Westminster: Carroll County Board of Education employees reported Friday that a laptop computer was stolen from their offices on North Court Street. The loss was estimated at $3,150.

Westminster: An Allen Way resident told police Saturday that someone scratched his vehicle while it was parked at Cranberry Mall. Damage was estimated at $115.

Westminster: An Old Hanover Road resident told police Saturday that someone scratched his vehicle while it was parked in a lot on Sycamore Street. Damage was estimated at $1,150.

Advertisement

Westminster: Employees at Sears, Roebuck and Co. in Cranberry Mall told police Saturday that someone stole property worth $3,150 from the store.

Westminster: Employees at Leggett in Cranberry Mall told police Saturday that someone stole property worth $198.

Pub Date: 1/28/97



Advertisement