Man found bludgeoned in his home Body is discovered by the victim's son and estranged wife; 11th homicide this year; Brooklyn Park home showed no sign of forced entry


The body of a Brooklyn Park man was found in his home Monday night by his son and estranged wife, who went there to deliver a birthday card, county police said.

David Michael Gordon, 40, of the 100 block of Townsend Ave., was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said he had been bludgeoned to death. It was the 11th homicide in the county this year.

Police said Gordon's estranged wife, Holly Gordon, went to the house shortly after 9 p.m. to deliver a birthday card. Neighbors said the couple's 8-year-old son went into the house, found the body, and ran back outside to his mother.

Mrs. Gordon ran inside, saw the body and called police.

Police said there were no signs of forced entry and they did not know if anything was missing because Gordon lived alone.

The Gordons, who had been married for nine years, separated in 1994. They had lived in the house for three years before that. The couple had two children, Devon Michael, 8, and Sabrina Marie, 7.

Gordon was "a devout Redskins man," according to his father, Doug Gordon, and enjoyed watching baseball and shooting pool.

Gordon was a meat-cutter whom co-workers described yesterday as a devoted father and a hard worker. For the past four months, he had worked full time at the Box and Save supermarket in the 7900 block of Baltimore-Annapolis Blvd. in Sun Valley and three nights a week at Wagner Foodservice in the 7200 block of May Wagner Lane in Glen Burnie.

"He worked all day and worked all night," said Randy Crites, meat manager at the Box and Save, where Gordon worked overtime to buy Christmas presents for his children.

Gordon last worked an overtime shift at the Box and Save from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.

"He talked about leaving here, going to pick up the kids and going to Taco Bell," Crites recalled.

When Gordon didn't show up for work at 7 a.m. Monday, Crites said he called his employee's home several times, but got no answer.

Gordon also was due at his part-time job Monday night.

"It's a tragedy to us," said Marty Pressman, manager of the Wagner meat division, where Gordon had worked for about seven months. "He was an excellent meat cutter and he came to work every day."

Co-workers described Gordon as a very friendly man.

Pub Date: 12/11/96

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad