1. San Francisco: Why did Jimmy Johnson let Terry Kirby go?
2. Denver: A virtual lock for the Super Bowl.
3. Green Bay: Return of Antonio Freeman should help.
4. Dallas: Not Super without Leon Lett.
5. New England: Pats are 2-0 since debacle against Broncos.
6. Pittsburgh: Mike Tomczak's not a Super Bowl quarterback.
7. Buffalo: It may be time for Bills to break out those candy bars.
8. Washington: Michael Westbrook's ailments are costly.
9. Philadelphia: Eagles need more games against Giants.
10. Kansas City: Rich Gannon isn't the long-range answer.
11. Carolina: Should get a reality check in San Francisco.
12. Miami: Is Dan Marino starting to lose it?
13. Houston: Oilers could be playoff-bound.
14. Minnesota: It's now up to Brad Johnson.
15. Arizona: Boomer Esiason couldn't fit into glass slipper.
16. San Diego: Can Chargers rebound from fiasco vs. Pats?
17. Seattle: Will Paul Allen buy this team for Christmas?
18. Oakland: Raiders never lose to Miami at home.
19. Indianapolis: Colts won't come within a pass of the Super Bowl.
21. N.Y. Giants: Dave Brown looked like Joe Pisarcik vs. Eagles.
22. Chicago: Dave Wannstedt is no Mike Ditka.
24. Detroit: Wayne Fontes can start packing his bags.
25. Jacksonville: Mark Brunell is a Houdini in cleats.
26. Ravens: Baltimore fans melt in the rain.
27. St. Louis: At least Rams can beat the Saints.
L 28. New Orleans: Bring out bags for Falcons-Saints "battle."
29. Atlanta: See above.
30. N.Y. Jets: Odds-on favorite to get No. 1 pick.
Pub Date: 12/06/96