1. St. Frances (last season's rank -- 1) : All-American Mark Karcher heads talented cast for a team, ranked No. 7 in the nation by Street & Smith's.
12. Arundel (12) : Could be the only team standing in between Annapolis and the state 4A final four.
13. Centennial (NR) : Four returning starters make Eagles the team to beat in Howard County.
14. Walbrook (17) : Looking to bounce back strong after disappointing 1995-96 campaign.
15. Severn (NR) : The team to beat in the MIAA B Conference with junior guard Dennard Melton.
16. Woodlawn (NR) : Should provide the biggest challenge to Randallstown in Baltimore County.
17. Southern-AA (14) : The Bulldogs could be better than last year's state 2A semifinalists.
18. Douglass (NR) : Despite another coaching change, Ducks still have a solid nucleus of talent.
19. Towson Catholic (NR) : Could be the sleeper in the Catholic League with guard Lafonte Johnson.
20. St. Paul's (NR) : Hoping to send retiring coach Rick Collins off with another MIAA B title.
Pub Date: 12/03/96