1. Green Bay: Even the refs are on the Packers' bandwagon.
2. Pittsburgh: Is Maryland on the Steelers' soft schedule?
3. San Francisco: 49ers need to get Steve Young back.
5. Denver: John Elway gets to "dis" Baltimore again.
6. Buffalo: Jim Kelly's time has come and gone.
7. Miami: Jimmy Johnson's almost as good as he thinks he is.
8. Indianapolis: Jim Harbaugh turns winning ugly into an art form.
9. Kansas City: Steve Bono's not the answer.
10. Washington: Darrell Green still has that speed.
11. New England: Bill Parcells still misses LT.
12. San Diego: Waiting for the Raiders.
13. Philadelphia: Ty Detmer's not the answer.
14. Minnesota: Fading after fast start.
15. Detroit: This should be Wayne Fontes' last year.
16. Houston: WWF would like Steelers-Oilers.
17. Carolina: Kerry Collins needs to improve.
18. Ravens: Can Antonio Langham make it seven straight?
19. Oakland: Has Jeff Hostetler gotten into a groove?
20. Arizona: Bucs won't draw many fans in Tempe.
21. Seattle: Rick Mirer's heading out of town.
22. Chicago: Dave Wannstedt's no Jimmy Johnson.
23. St. Louis: Rich Brooks may not be an NFL coach.
24. N.Y. Giants: Even Bill Troup was better than Dave Brown.
25. Jacksonville: What a schedule! Jets and Rams back-to-back.
26. Cincinnati: Dave Shula should keep his bags packed.
27. New Orleans: Imagine, two wins in a row.
28. Tampa Bay: Bucs may have blown shot at Peyton Manning.
29. Atlanta: Falcons are alive in Manning derby.
30. N.Y. Jets: Rich Kotite is 3-27 in past 30 games.
Pub Date: 10/18/96