1. Green Bay: Packers are rolling again.
2. San Francisco: Elvis is alive and winning for the 49ers.
3. Dallas: Uh-oh. The Cowboys are back.
4. Indianapolis: Can you believe Colts are the last unbeatens?
5. Pittsburgh: Steelers castoffs are good enough for the Ravens.
6. Buffalo: Bills always persevere.
7. Kansas City: Steve Bono has trouble with baseball infields.
8. San Diego: Beathard and Ross are a winning combination.
9. Denver: Broncos have discovered a running game.
L 11. Washington: Even the referees are on the Redskins' side.
12. Miami: Is Craig Erickson QB Jimmy Johnson thinks he is?
13. Detroit: Lions have a lot of weapons.
15. Philadelphia: Eagles are going to miss Rodney Peete.
16. Houston: Are Oilers prepping for the WWF?
17. Ravens: Earnest Byner can't carry the load every week.
18. Carolina: Panthers showed they're still an expansion team.
19. Arizona: Bill Bidwill savored that win over St. Louis' team.
20. St. Louis: St. Louis fans hated to lose to Bidwill's team.
21. Chicago: Bears are glad the Raiders released Jeff Jaeger.
22. Cincinnati: How long will Dave Shula keep his job?
23. Seattle: Jeff George wouldn't be the answer.
24. New York Giants: Giants are trying to win despite Dave Brown.
25. Oakland: Would you buy a PSL from Al Davis?
26. Jacksonville: At least the Jaguars beat the Panthers.
L 27. Tampa Bay: Tony Dungy started 0-5 the way Joe Gibbs did.
28. Atlanta: Why did Falcons trade for George in the first place?
29. New Orleans: Saints can't stop the run.
30. New York Jets: Even the referees won't give the Jets a break.
Pub Date: 10/04/96