1. Green Bay: In this poll, you can stay No. 1 with a loss.
3. Indianapolis: Give Colts their due. They're for real.
4. Minnesota: Warren Moon doesn't show his age.
5. Pittsburgh: Can Mike Tomczak keep Steelers rolling?
6. San Francisco: Steve Young's injury will hurt 49ers.
8. Buffalo: Never count the Bills out.
9. Denver: John Elway's arm may be bothering him.
10. Carolina: Panthers aren't as good as their record.
L 11. San Diego: Chargers may be returning to their 1994 form.
12. Philadelphia: Ricky Watters has to hang onto the ball.
13. Washington: Redskins are making hay with easy schedule.
14. Miami: Dolphins will miss Dan Marino.
15. Houston: Oilers are rebuilding in a hurry.
16. Detroit: Barry Sanders is wasting his career here.
17. New England: Can Patriots defend the Hail Mary pass?
18. Ravens: Too bad they can't play the Saints every week.
19. Cincinnati: Who's going to complain this week?
20. Arizona: Bill Bidwill's team plays a St. Louis team this week.
21. Chicago: It has been downhill since the Dallas win.
22. St. Louis: Starting a rookie quarterback is folly.
24. Oakland: Whatever happened to pride and poise?
25. Jacksonville: Jaguars are playing like an expansion team.
L 26. New York Giants: They go back to playing real NFL teams.
27. Tampa Bay: Best of the winless teams.
28. Atlanta: Falcons won't miss Jeff George.
29. New Orleans: Jim Mora was better in the USFL.
30. New York Jets: Back where they belong.
Pub Date: 9/27/96