1. Green Bay: Now Packers have a defense.
2. San Francisco: Bye gave Steve Young time to heal.
3. Pittsburgh: Jerome Bettis is making a difference.
4. Dallas: Cowboys are no longer super.
5. Kansas City: Chiefs are 16-3 since start of '95.
6. Denver: Broncos can run the ball this year.
7. Miami: Karim Abdul-Jabbar lives up to his No. 33.
8. Minnesota: Warren Moon won't act his age.
9. Indianapolis: Colts are no longer a fluke.
10. Philadelphia: Why are Eagles underdogs in Atlanta?
11. Buffalo: Bills are showing their age.
12. Carolina: Panthers due for first loss in San Francisco.
13. Houston: Oilers are getting better every week.
14. San Diego: Couldn't even handle Green Bay in warm weather.
15. Washington: Will Michael Westbrook ever stay healthy?
16. Chicago: Why did Bears get rid of Jim Harbaugh?
17. St. Louis: Ditto on Sean Gilbert.
18. Detroit: Wayne Fontes is in trouble again.
19. Ravens: Does Ted Marchibroda wish he were back in Indy?
20. Oakland: Jeff Hostetler should make a difference.
21. New England: Can Drew Bledsoe find his touch?
22. Cincinnati: Ki-Jana and Garrison can't live together.
23. Jacksonville: Jaguars are playing like an expansion team.
24. Atlanta: Jeff George is feeling the heat.
25. Seattle: Rick Mirer doesn't seem to be the answer.
26. New Orleans: Jim Mora is on the way out.
27. New York Jets: They're actually favored this week.
28. Tampa Bay: At least Bucs made it a game in Denver.
29. New York Giants: Giants aren't competitive with Dave Brown.
30. Arizona: Leader in the Peyton Manning Derby.
Pub Date: 9/20/96