Dedric Galloway led all scorers with 15 points and John Hemsley added 13 and 10 rebounds as No. 3 Southern-B (20-3) defeated Douglass, 57-34, to advance to the semifinals of the Class 4A North region playoffs. Southern will play host to Southwestern tomorrow at 3:30.
* Southwestern 72, Northwestern 60: Bobby Lovett scored 21 as the No. 5 Sabers (18-4) defeated host Northwestern in a 4A North region quarterfinal.
* Aberdeen 85, North East 64: No. 7 Aberdeen (20-2) ran its winning streak to 14 and atoned for one of its losses with the home win over North East (13-6) in a Class 2A North game. The Eagles took command with a 22-point second quarter to lead by 13.
The visitors, who had won an earlier meeting by one point at home, hit only two of their first 11 shots from the field in the third quarter, and Aberdeen opened a 20-point margin.
* Walbook 81, Perry Hall 37: William Brown scored 19 points to help the No. 14 Warriors (13-9) past the visiting Gators in a Class 4A North game. Walbrook plays at Lake Clifton tomorrow in a regional semifinal.
* Havre de Grace 88, Rising Sun 70: K.R. Clark scored 28 as host and No. 16 Havre de Grace (14-5) defeated Rising Sun in a 1A North game.
Havre de Grace faces the winner of Elkton/Harford Tech tomorrow at 7 p.m.
* Poly 91, City 77: John McLean and Owain States combined for 56 points to lead the host Engineers (17-6) to a Class 2A East region quarterfinal win over the Knights. Poly plays host to North Caroline in the regional semifinals Thursday.
* Dundalk 80, Franklin 69: Tommy Duschell scored 23 and Sean Winston added 21 to lead host Dundalk (18-6) over Franklin in a Class 3A North region quarterfinal. The Owls will play host to Bel Air in a semifinal game tomorrow night at 6:30.
* Pikesville 59, Towson 28: John Miller scored a game-high 16 points and had seven rebounds as host Pikesville (22-1) ran away with a quarterfinal win in the Class 2A North regional playoffs. The Panthers, who play host to Patapsco in the semifinals tomorrow, held the Generals to just 10 points in the second half.
* Patapsco 48, North Harford 45: Steve Ammons scored 21 to lead host Patapsco (9-12) over North Harford in a Class 2A North region quarterfinal.
* Sparrows Point 61, Hickey 56: Derrell Smith scored 23 for the host Pointers (14-6) in a Class 1A North game.
* Edgewood 79, Perryville 49: Damion Smothers scored 15 points for the host Rams (14-8) in a Class 1A North game. Mike Griffin added 14 for Edgewood, who next plays Sparrows Point tomorrow in the regional semifinals.
* Perry Hall 81, Walbrook 53: Alyssa Phoebus scored 31 points and grabbed 19 rebounds as the Gators (10-6) downed the visiting Warriors in a Class 4A North game. Alisha McClinton added 19 points for Perry Hall, which plays host to Dulaney today.
* Randallstown 47, Woodlawn 44: Katrina Johns scored 16 to power host Randallstown (10-11) past Woodlawn in 3A North Region action.
Randallstown faces host Fallston today at 7 p.m.
* Joppatowne 46, Sparrows Point 29: Brandi Barnes with 13 points led Joppatowne (12-10) past Sparrows Point (8-12) in Class 1A North Region action.
* Broadneck 42, Edmondson 39: Down by 30-28 going into the final period, Broadneck scored three straight three-pointers, two by Stacy Smith (10 points) and one by Alicia Nagowski (nine points) to take a 37-30 lead over Edmondson. The hosts got as close as 41-39 on a basket by Emily Jones (19 points) with 12 seconds left. Kenya Langley had 11 for the Redskins.
* Meade 60, Chesapeake-AA 47: Host Meade (5-18) used swarming full-court defense to hold Chesapeake (4-19) without a basket for the first 10:25, running out to a 28-3 lead before coasting to victory in the Class 4A East Region quarterfinals. Shalisa Johnson led the Mustangs with 15 points. It was the Mustangs' first game since forfeiting 11 wins due to their use of an ineligible player.