FORE! THE ANNUAL North County High School Golf Classic, sponsored by the North County High School athletic program, will begin at 7:30 a.m. June 20 at River Downs Golfer's Club in Finksburg.
The fee is $75 per golfer and includes cart, greens fee and range balls, tee gift, continental breakfast and buffet after the tournament. Hole-in-one prizes will be awarded, and the top three teams will win gift certificates.
The entry deadline is June 13.
Call Nelson Martin at 222-6970 to register or for more information.
St. John Lenten services
St. John Lutheran Church invites you to share its midweek Lenten services beginning this week.
Each Wednesday, there will be a potluck dinner (no desserts) at 6:15 p.m. in the social hall, followed by Holy Communion at 7:15 p.m.
The church is at 226 Washburn Ave.
Brooklyn Heights services
Lenten season services also will be held each Sunday at Brooklyn Heights United Methodist Church.
The evenings will begin with a simple supper of soup and bread at 5 p.m. followed by a service at 6 p.m.
The church is at 110 Townsend Ave.
Dance festival Wednesday
North County High School will play host to the Anne Arundel County Dance Festival at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
The school's dance company will perform a jazz number, and there will be other performances from high schools, middle schools and elementary schools from throughout the county. Tickets are $2.
* Band members are selling Easter flowers to help defray the cost of their trip to the Music Festival in Orlando, Fla. Take your pick from geraniums, tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, lilies and hanging baskets. Prices range from $3 to $12. All money must be turned in by March 11. Flowers can be picked up April 1.
Contact a band member or call the school at 222-6970 to place your order.
* The PTA executive board will meet at 6 p.m. tomorrow in the conference room.
State House trip Wednesday
The Arundel Improvement Association Community Advocates for Senior Opportunities and Services (CASOS) will sponsor a minivan trip to the State House in Annapolis Wednesday.
Buses will leave the AIA hall, 705 Cross St., at 9:30 a.m. Anyone who is not registered but is interested in going should call 789-2192.
* CASOS also sponsors bingo tonight at the AIA hall starting at 7 p.m. Admission includes early bird special and hard cards. Refreshments will be available. Admission is $3; all proceeds benefit community senior programs.
St. Patrick's Day events
Holidays have a way of sneaking up on us before we know it. Make plans now for St. Patrick's Day festivities.
* The Roland Terrace Democratic Club will have a dance from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 17. Live music will be presented by Reason. Tickets are $6 per person and include beer, setups and chips.
The club hall is at 619 Matthews Ave. Information: 789-201 or 636-1504 after 7 p.m.
* The Arundel Improvement Association will have its dance from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 17 at the AIA hall, 705 Cross St.
Come out and dance to the music of M&M.; An Irish platter will be served, along with good old Irish music and games. Tickets are $7 per person. Information: 789-2192.