Faulty outlet blamed in fire on Athol Ave.


A faulty electrical outlet in a living room was blamed for starting a small fire yesterday in an Elkridge home, a Howard County fire spokesman said.

There were no reported injuries from the single-alarm fire, which was reported at about 11 a.m. yesterday in a single-family home in the 6700 block of Athol Ave., said Sgt. Robert Wiseman, a spokesman for the county Fire Department.

The fire was declared under control at 11:23 a.m. and extinguished at 11:35 a.m. Structural damage was estimated at $1,500, Sergeant Wiseman said.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad