Valentine's Day is the occasion for romantic gifts. Beyond the traditional roses, scent and chocolates there other creative ways to say "I love you." Here are some suggestions from the folks at Aveda and Sears.
* Create a romantic setting and "dinner for two." Fill a basket with red wine, cheeses and warm, toasty loaves of French bread. Add jellies or jams, candy, spiced apple tea and a heart-patterned tablecloth and napkins
* For the woman who loves to garden, spray a large watering can with glossy, bright red paint and include a mix of garden supplies -- red apron or work gloves, seed packs of red peppers, red flowers, tomatoes. Toss in a selection of shop-at-home gardening catalogs and a garden fresh scent.
* Is there a hard-to-please teen-aged girl in your life? Fill a red vinyl tote with some of her favorite things; paperback romance novels, an iron-on red heart transfer for her favorite T-shirt, a red vest or sweater, a heart-shaped box of candy and a relaxing tape or CD.
* For mother, aunt, grandmother, godmother, a bright red coffee mug embossed with a charming message and filled with gourmet coffee beans or gourmet tea may please. Add a box of heart-shaped cookies.
* The outdoorsman will like a red plaid flannel cap, warm gloves, trail snacks, packets of instant hot cocoa, a paperback novel, book cover and mini-book light.
* If you can't be with the one you love, put your most romantic thoughts in a beautiful, recycled card misted with a favorite scent.