Mike Tyson's broken thumb is a gain for "X"-aholics, as two repeats of "The X-Files" take up the spot in which he was supposed to be fighting Buster Mathis. It is also a night for musical women on cable, with separate profiles of k. d. lang and Carole King.
* "The X-Files" (8 p.m.-10 p.m., WBFF, Channel 45) -- In back-to-back episodes, Mulder and Scully (David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson) confront a serial killer whose habits are reminiscent of "Silence of the Lambs." Fox.
* "JAG" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., WBAL, Channel 11) -- The U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis plays a background role tonight, as Rabb and Austin (David James Elliott and Tracey Needham) probe the fatal crash of Rabb's old roommate, a test pilot. NBC.
* "Outdoors Maryland" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., MPT, Channels 22, 67) -- Wild turkeys, Jack Russell terriers, oysters and wetlands wa
terfowl are among Maryland fauna featured in this new edition. MPT.
* "Walker, Texas Ranger" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- In the Bible, Jacob wrestled with God. On TV, Chuck Norris wrestles with the spirit of an evil medicine man! In an episode the network is boosting for its special effects, Walker battles the spirit who wants him to do evil. CBS.
* "Forrest Gump" (8 p.m.-10:30 p.m., HBO) -- What is there to say? The huge hit 1994 movie/video/belief system, with Tom Hanks in an Oscar-winning role, comes to premium cable.
* "VH1 to One" (8:30 p.m.-9 p.m., VH1) -- Singer/songwriter k. d. lang is profiled as she works on her new album, "All You Can Eat."
* "Tapestry Revisited: A Tribute to Carole" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., Lifetime) -- How time flies. Carole King had her first big hit with "Tapestry" 25 years ago and celebrates the occasion in this special.