Smoke causes stir at nursing home


Smoke from an overheated clothes dryer at the Charles Manor Nursing Home in the 7000 block of N. Charles St. last night prompted the move of several elderly residents to other sections of the building, a spokesman for the Baltimore County Fire Department said.

No injury was reported among the more than 100 residents of the nursing home and no one was evacuated.

The spokesman said a smoke detector in the basement laundry room was activated about 8:10 p.m., alerting employees who began moving residents on the first, second and third floors away from the potentially dangerous smoke.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad